Title: Assistant Curator
Location: Bible Lands Museum Jerusalem
Reports to: The Curatorial Department
Job type: Full-Time
Brief: A supporting role as a member of a dynamic team delivering high-quality museum content, with varied work on a wide range of projects and tasks.
Detailed job description:
- English translation and editing of curatorial and professional academic texts, including catalogues, brochures, panels and labels.
- Photography rights – management of the museum’s image/video archive; drafting of contracts for release of image/video use rights; handling of requests for provision of images/videos and use rights from other individuals and institutions; processing of incoming and outgoing payments for photography rights.
- Handling of professional formal correspondence in English and Hebrew on behalf of the curatorial department (image requests, queries from the public, loan requests, etc.).
- Varied support to the curatorial department in preparation for temporary exhibitions: correspondence, acquisition of price quotes, processing of payments, database entry, organization and filing, etc.
- Research tasks in preparation of materials for temporary exhibitions and objects in the permanent collection.
- Ongoing data entry and information management in The Museum System (TMS)
- Academic background – minimum bachelor’s degree in a subject relevant to the museum: archaeology, history, classics, ancient near eastern studies, history of art, museum studies;
- Native English, with experience in editing written materials, and a demonstrated ability to translate from Hebrew;
- Excellent IT skills: high competence in Microsoft office, and experience working with databases;
- Ability to work in a team, but with initiative and independence; able to ‘think outside the box.’
קורות חיים למייל
Send your resume to: email@example.com